In the midst of New York City’s COVID-19 crisis, CHPC’s Executive Director explores a pathway forward for the housing community in Housing Policy for a Global Pandemic.
- Addressing homelessness must be top priority.
- Housing is Healthcare.
- The challenges of sheltering in place hit hardest for New Yorkers in substandard housing.
- The economic impacts of COVID-19 will be crippling for New Yorkers already lacking housing security.
- The virus is not an equalizer: its most devastating impacts are borne by the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
- The Density Question.
- Our households are more diverse than our housing policies.