Our archive includes an extraordinary collection of documents that set out the history of the development of Stuyvesant Town in Manhattan, including:
- The relocation plan for 11,000 people (a pdf of which can be found here)
- Original plans and submissions to City Planning
- Original advertising material (download the pdf here)
- Supreme Court papers detailing litigation on Stuy Town’s alleged segregation policies preventing African-Americans from living there, and eminent domain issues (download a pdf of the case brief here)
- Letters and reports from associated agencies and organizations, including CHPC and a NAACP letter from Thurgood Marshall (download a pdf of Marshall’s letter here)
And much more….