We’re looking for a new Policy Analyst
We are looking for a Policy Analyst who will design and conduct rigorous and useful research initiatives that relate to housing policy in New York City. You will also engage and educate policy-makers and the housing industry with the results of your research initiatives. This role offers a unique opportunity to make your mark on housing policy research and work with policymakers and housing practitioners in New York City. Responsibilities include project management, research, data analysis, presentation development, meeting facilitation, and event coordination.
CHPC’s current research agenda includes: public housing, basement apartment conversions, new housing typologies, best practices in community engagement, among other topics.
Written communication is a critical component of this position along with strong analytical and interpersonal skills. Experience presenting research in clear and concise ways and both designing and conducting research initiatives that relate to housing in New York City will benefit any applicant. Experience in the field of housing finance or data analysis would be welcomed, as well as prior work experience in NYC government.
• Design research initiatives that contribute toward a better understanding of housing issues and the application of housing policy in NYC
• Conduct research using strategies such as literature reviews, interviews, data analysis, financial analysis, design work, policy analysis.
• Develop different ways to present the research results including: PowerPoint presentations, policy memos, publications, web features
• Identify new opportunities for CHPC research, including newsworthy data findings, housing policy best practices, current trends in housing policy
• Manage multiple projects and take responsibility for all aspects of project management.
• Respond to requests for information and technical assistance from policy-makers, the media, and community partners.
• Supervise research fellows and interns
• A graduate degree in housing policy, public policy, real estate finance, urban planning, or related field
• At least one year of work experience in real estate, urban planning, public policy, housing finance, or related field.
• Superior quantitative analysis skills
• Self-starter and problem solver who can balance multiple tasks and responsibilities
• Ability to quickly and clearly synthesize information.
• Exceptional ability to use data to make decisions.
• Creative approach to research and dissemination of CHPC’s work
This is a full-time position with a salary commensurate with experience. The position also comes with a generous array of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement.
CHPC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “Policy Analyst” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Deadline February 28 2021