On October 1st, 2020, CHPC hosted an online event to present its Housing Plan for a City of Immigrants and discuss ways for housing policy to support the stability and success of immigrant New Yorkers.
How could the next housing plan ensure the stability and success of its immigrant communities?
CHPC hosted an online event to explore this question and present the research findings and recommendations from its Housing Plan for a City of Immigrants. Guest speakers discussed the work by their own organizations to meet the needs of immigrant New Yorkers and new ways that housing policy can be leveraged to support immigrant communities moving forward.
- Michelle de la Uz, Executive Director, Fifth Avenue Committee
- Anu Joshi, Vice President of Policy, New York Immigration Coalition
- Thomas Yu, Co-Executive Director, Asian Americans for Equality
- Sheena Kang, Senior Policy Analyst, CHPC
- Jessica Katz, Executive Director, CHPC