Publications & Media
Our work is only as good as the audience it influences.
Since 1937, CHPC’s publications have conveyed the results of our research and analysis; always remaining clear and straightforward with an emphasis on practical public policy recommendations. Our public testimony delivers our work directly to government agencies. And our presence in the media ensures that we have a prominent voice in the debates on the major housing and planning issues in New York City.
You can keep track of all of our latest publications and testimony here, and also see all of our recent media mentions.
- Pump Up the Volume: Recommendations to Improve the Allocation of Private Activity Bonds to Better Support Housing in New York State
- Making Neighborhoods: Understanding New York City Transitions 2000-2010
- All Green Building Great and Small: 10 Industry Recommendations to Improve the Energy Efficiency of Our Rental Housing Stock
- Steering the New Course: Housing and Land Use Policy for New York City
- The Impact of Multifamily Foreclosures and Over-Mortgaging in Neighborhoods in New York City
- The Future of Real Estate Tax Exemptions for Affordable Housing in New York City
- Out of Sight, Out of Control
- Federal Housing Budget:Impacts on NYC
- Debt Threat: Saving Multifamily Rental Housing From Zombie Mortgages
- Prevailing Wisdom:The Potential Impact of Prevailing Wages on Affordable Housing