Inside the Rent views reach 15,000
We are incredibly excited to announce that Inside the Rent has reached 15,000 views since the game was released in June! CHPC designed the game to educate players about the cost of building new rental housing in a fun and interactive way.
Inside the Rent has also received positive press coverage in numerous media outlets:
- Planetizen: Sunday Funday: Game Simulates the Development Experience
- Habitat: This Game Lets You Tackle the Challenges of Planning Affordable Housing in NYC
- DNAInfo: Does This Game Make Planning Affordable Housing Fun?
- Greater Greater Washington: Think the rent’s too high? try your hand at managing a landlord’s budget
- CityLab: A New Game Examines Why, Exactly, the Rent Is So Damn High
- VGloggers: Play Inside the Rent: The Housing System of New York in a Game
- NextCity: New Online Game Lets You Build Your Own Affordable Housing in NYC
- Brooklyn Magazine: This Online Game Lets You Build Affordable Housing in NYC
- Brokelyn: Play Inside the Rent and Bring Affordable Housing to Brooklyn
- Archinect News: Play Inside the Rent and become a virtual developer
- The New York Times: Gaming the Housing System
- The Real Deal: Fancy Being a Developer? Take a Crack at a Virtual Rental
- Curbed: Develop a Rental Building-and Just Try to Brake Even